history and culture of the territory hills landscapes photography trekking and local cuisine
The Story Alarm! From the Tower of Vedetta of St. Margherita Ligure, your local expert guide Silvia has just caught sight of Corsican pirates! The bell starts to ring with sinister tolls. Quickly! We must run to the hills and find refuge in the bush; we will live off the land by discovering resources that mother nature has provided for us!
Silvia will help us dive into 13th century events when Corsican pirates ravaged the Liguria Region of Italy, forcing fishermen to move to the hills and present-day Portofino Park. We will learn the consequences of this escape on the lifestyle of these fishermen who, while in hiding from the plunderers, had to become farmers and mountaineers. We will walk over the paths of the Park and learn to recognize forest herbs and cook them while preparing the famed Genoese pesto according to a traditional recipe handed down to the innkeeper’s wife at the Antica Locanda of Mulino del Gassetta.
Experience more surprises when we walk down to the exclusive beaches that lead to Portofino where surviving fugitives gather to celebrate the “Grazia Ricevuta” – Received Grace – at the ancient Church of Saint George.
▪ meet your guide in Nozarego for a walk inPortofino Mountain Park to collect herbs, enjoy the unspoiled nature, and breathtaking landscapes
▪ Visit to Gassetta Mill
▪ Cooking Demonstration of typical meals with local herbs as main ingredients
▪ Aperitif with typical local products
▪ Visit to the secret beaches of Portofino
▪ Celebration of the Received Grace at the Church of Saint George.
Times: 9.00 am – 12.30 am – 3.00 pm – 6.30 pm
Transport: walk along the paths of the Park to Portofino
Duration: 3h 30m
Suggestions: Children allowed only if accompanied by an adult; trekking gear, walking shoes, water bottle, wind breaker.
Included: guide service, cooking techniques demonstration and a small buffet at a local locanda.
Experiential Tourism with the Traveler as Protagonist
Experiences designed around multiple interests that ensure unique emotions; the traveler participates alongside local cooks, artists, craftsmen, and expert tour guides in activities:
- rooted in the territory; it can happen only there, and
- with uniquely local events, experiments, food and wine tastings
- specifically modified and tailored to your preferences
memorable unique and unrepeatable!
To Know More About It